Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Africa at Last

Bon Jour from Aru, Congo!

I hope that you are all well. I arrived in Aru on Saturday after a smooth, but very long trip from Rome via Nairobi and Kampala. I received a warm welcome including singing and drumming. The sisters have been very kind. Aru is very rural, immediately this side of the Congo-Uganda border. It is green and beautiful. The weather has been cool and wet.

On Sunday, I had the opportunity to go to the Ariwara for the fiftieth anniversary celebration of the Canossian Community their. They had a grand party after a Mass filled with singing and dancing.

I will start teaching English tomorrow at the girls high school. I will also be helping with the volunteer house and other projects. It is dinner time, so I must go. I try to send more information soon.

Thank you for your prayers.

Tricia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Concratulations on your new class!!!! They are very lucky to have you. I ran into Arturo the other day and said they want to turn EScuela into a charter school.
Send pictures of your new class and share stories about your old (haha) Love, Jen